Friday 14 October 2016

a road trip

Hey guys! It's Adela. Yup, I'm still here and no, I didn't quit having a blog. I hope you didn't forget about me, 'cause I certainly didn't forget about you. I just don't know where all the time has gone. It has really flown by way too quickly. It's already the middle of October but my mind is still thinking about summer, which is really unusual for me. If you've ever met me, you'll know that I am obsessed with winter and I usually start getting in the cozy mood way too early. This year I'm not quite there yet, but I am getting close now. Especially since I've been laying in bed feeling really under the weather this whole week. Oh, the flu season... The fairy lights in my room made me feel a bit better, at least, but I'm still going crazy by not doing anything.
In search of blogpost ideas, I've come across some photos from a couple of weeks ago, when I went on a little trip to Istria. Let's reminisce that day together, then. It all started with a grey sky and everything looked a lot like rain was coming, so the idea was to get out of that area and possibly find some sun. And that is exactly what we managed to do. I met up with my friend Nika and hit the road.
Our first stop on this small road trip was Moscenicka Draga, a small coastal town known for its beautiful beach.





We had a short walk down the aforementioned beach, took some photos and hit the road again. Destination: Labin, a slightly bigger town, situated some 30 kilometers west. The old town is typically Istrian, located in the inland on a small hill. All the houses are incredibly colourful. The streets are narrow and windy, the roads are paved with stone. Sometimes you can almost feel like no time has passed from when the town was built, like it is not the 21st century and you are not taking photos for Instagram.











Since the town is placed on top of a hill, the view is spectacular. When roaming its streets, you aren't even aware of the altitude you're on, so when you find your way to a viewpoint, prepare to be stunned. On one side you can see the green scenery and the mountains of Istria, and on the other the beautifully blue Adriatic sea and the town Rabac, which was our next destination.





Rabac is a completely different type of town. The main attraction there is the sea, so naturally the most important street is not a street, but a promenade. It is also very tourist orientated, so the architecture is not the prettiest. Nevertheless, we had a lovely walk by the sea, enjoying the sun and overlooking the amazing beaches. We thought there was not much more to see, so we were very surprised when we reached a cape with a breathtaking view. I don't know about you, but when I see the line where the sea and the sky meet, I get filled with incredible happiness. And U2's song No Line On The Horizon starts playing in my head.


thank you for reading,

adela