Tuesday 30 August 2016

flea market@art park

Last Sunday was my first day back in Zagreb after two months and I can't get over how I felt roaming around the city streets. It was such a strange feeling, almost like I've never been here but I somehow know every single bit. Nevertheless, it wasn't a bad feeling, just a new one. Starting a blog made me take my camera around more, which makes me really happy. I had the habit of not taking many photos of Zagreb and cities in general, so I hope this new project Paula and I pushed ourselves into makes me more aware of the beautiful sights and beautiful people that surround this place where I was born. 




My wonderful friend Sara invited me to a flea market and since I've never been to one before, my excitement levels rose. I didn't really know what to expect, but I was still (very very) pleasantly surprised. There was so much positivity in the air that I didn't even have the urge to buy something, I just absorbed the atmosphere.




The event took place at Art park, a hidden gem in the center of Zagreb. It used to be empty and almost abandoned and had quite bad reputation but everything changed a few months ago, when a group of street artists decided to change the reality of this place. It is now a popular part of Zagreb, with many organised events and all in all an amazing scene. With many graffiti and the clothing laying around the park, everything was so colourful and everyone radiated joy, which made me incredibly happy. Every single person with whom I exchanged a look or a glance looked like they had a story to tell, and a very interesting one, too. I also met some new people, which always makes me smile.



Looking back on that day, I couldn't have imagined a better welcome to my home town. I was pretty nervous about coming back here because I associate Zagreb with school and obligations and that makes me quite stressed out. But this day certainly made me realise that being back home isn't such a bad thing and it makes me excited for everything new this year has prepared for me. Stay tuned to see all the adventures I get myself into.



Thanks for reading,

adela